Currently in: Naivasha, Kenya

Friday, July 22, 2011

Living with 4 boys, working with these 4 boys, and being in a country where all I know are these same 4 boys


(The team + Travis, another tech grad and our Chilean guide and fairy godmother)

So we have an apartment now. PRAISE JESUS! As fun as the hostal was, to actually have a place to unpack our bags, to cook, to have our own place really start to make Chile feel like our new home. After much searching, and much help from random strangers (Santiago is really one big family) we found someone willing to sublet us a good apt for a good price for 6 months. Its on the 22nd floor! And has the MOST INCREDIBLE view of the Andes Mountains from our balcony- yes we have a balcony complete with table and chairs. The mountains are SO big (the view from our balchoney) and so beautiful. There are 3 rooms,

after much debate and yelling and a couple bottles of wine it was decided that I would get the small room to myself and the boys would share the other 2 rooms. There is a great kitchen and large living room great to house traveling souls to Santiago- so if you haven’t gotten a direct invite from me to come visit me in Chile this is it! We even bought and air mattress for guest to stay! And the best part of our place is its location, we are one block from the largest metro station and 3 blocks from the best night life in the city – Bellavista area. Here you find the most bars, clubs, concert halls, restaurants, all in a beautiful ecliptic part of town.



(My room, small, but mine)

Living with these boys creates so many flashbacks of growing up with my 2 brothers. Sometimes they are so sweet and really take good care of me, sometimes they are so flippin’ annoying and won’t stop poking me or pulling my hair ( I’m not exaggerating, just ask Nick about that one), sometimes they are too protective of me, sometimes they are cuddly, and sometimes smelly and messy. But I do love them all so much, they are quickly becoming family to me.

(Nick)

(Sean and I at a Student Protest)


Our apt is never boring, random Michael Jackson dance breaks, or random cooking fests, lots of laughs and lots of yelling (that’s our fav form of communication between each other). We work mostly out of our living room, the internet is fairly good, and then leave to go meet people and see the city. We all love people, all love music and singing and dancing, having people over and all love wine- what more could you want in roommates?



(Chis and I at La Monela with official guards)

This morning I was woken up by Chris jumping on my bed and crawling under the covers (everyone is jealous of the heated blanket I bought) and then Nick coming and jumping on top of us and then Sean coming in and serenading us while we laid in bed. It was such a great way to wake up. Its going to be an interesting time here in Chile


(Andrew at Santa Lucia)


2 comments:

  1. HAHA I love this post. Too. Cute. Miss you and CAN'T WAIT to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm this is jean by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete